View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:01 pm

Tsereteli, Erik 
Commanding Officer

Post Tsereteli, Erik
<Captain's Quarters, USS Sentinel, Shoreleave 2 Day 1, 1205h>

I've been promoted to the rank of Commodore and given command of Task Force Twenty Two.
The promotion was entirely unexpected but after sitting in meeting with the Admiralty for a couple hours I was made to understand the logic behind it.
I have to admit that I was initially weary of this change of roles but after being assured that I would command from my own ship my concerns were assuaged.
As of now I am one of the youngest Commodores in the fleet and certainly one of the least experienced but the Admiralty feels I am prepared for the task, it's a lot to take in but I have been preparing for this since my first command. I just never expected to get to this point so soon.

Aside from the promotion and elaboration on the Sentinel's expanded mission profile as flag ship of the Task Force I was also given a list of crew changes, it would seem that many who have only been aboard the Sentinel since it's refit a couple of months ago are already transferring out to other assignments. Mostly enlisted personnel and a few officers but I feel as though I never truly got to know these individuals. My only regret is that I never get to know these individuals better, there simply isn't enough time given. My hope is that their experience on Sentinel was productive for them, all were top notch and it is my hope that they do well in their next posting.
Then there is the matter of those transferring in, another round of new crewmen who will get their first true duty experience aboard my ship. I am beginning to wonder if the Admiralty is using the Sentinel as a testing ground for new crew, I suppose if they can tolerate a few months aboard a Sentinel class ship they can pretty much serve anywhere... There is one exception however, a Bajoran named Zeal Artori. Mister Zael will be serving aboard the Sentinel with a provisional rank, and perhaps his rank was given simply because he would need it to board a defense vessel? I was skeptical of his posting here at first, perhaps too vocally? I am now encouraged by his personnel records, which I have gone over at length. The man was a veritable war hero to his people, if you could give that title to a rebel fighter during an occupation but more importantly has served in various forms of law enforcement since then. He is a full decade older than me and seems to have a track record of fairness and reason... I am anxious to meet him.

There are a number of promotions I will be giving out today, many long over due. A few Ensigns have earned their first Lieutenant pips, and so on. Most notably however is Commander Fala. I feel that we had a little bit of a rocky start but Awen has proven to be one of the finest officers I have ever had the privilege to serve with. I am truly excited to upgrade her to a full Commander. And then there is Archana... Archana, has more than earned her promotion to Lieutenant Commander and... And after speaking with Captain Miyasaki of the Valiant I think that Archana might have real opportunity there. If she wants it... I will have to speak with her about this when I have time over the next few days, to be honest I have been avoiding it.

We will see how it all plays out... End log.

Commodore Erik Tsereteli
Commanding Officer
USS-Sentinel NCC-83680

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW