View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Sen, Archana 
Chief Security/Tactical Officer

Post Sen, Archana
<<Sentinel Refit -- Sen’s Quarters, Day 7, 1730 hours>>

Personal Log ON:

It’s been very quiet around the ship lately, and frankly, it’s starting to unnerve me a bit. Well, unnerve isn’t quite the right word, but I simply don’t like it. I know that transfers are all part of the overall Starfleet experience, but I’m not sure that I understand the decision to take away nearly half of our existing crew. There’s something about the Sentinel—its size is the obvious answer, but I think there’s something even deeper than that—that really brings a crew together. The amazing things that I’ve seen and experienced while serving aboard the Sentinel have only been amplified thanks to the friends I’ve made along the way.

And the occasional enemy or two, perhaps.

But I digress. My department has been quite literally decimated by this slew of transfers. I will miss them all more than I can say—well, except for Parsons (NPC), maybe. Although it can’t be denied that he was the ideal security officer, he was not the pleasantest man to work with. McTavish (NPC) I’ll miss most of all, but I’m happy that he’s finally getting the assignment of his dreams, serving aboard the very ship that I last served aboard, the USS Exeter. Bigger always was better for McTavish, or so he told me. The Ambassador-class isn’t the largest ship in the fleet, but compared to the Sentinel, it’s very large indeed.

Sometimes—only sometimes, mind—I think that I do miss the Exeter, but only in small ways. There are benefits to being able to get lost in a crowd every once in a while, a luxury that simply doesn’t exist aboard the Sentinel. I miss my old friend Elendra (NPC), too, who is still there after all this time. It’s amazing how even after six years, I still consider her to be one of my best friends. I’ve probably only seen her twice in the last two or three years, but every time we do get the chance to meet up, it’s like nothing has changed. Jerric (NPC) is no longer on the Exeter, of course, or so I’m told. All the same, I’m inclined to believe that the memories of him would be a little too painful, even if I did ever step foot aboard the old ship again.

No, the Exeter may have been my home once, but the Sentinel is undoubtedly my true home now. Even with all these changes to the roster, my love for this ship isn’t likely to change. And in spite of my misgivings over the change in personnel, I have to say that I’m very happy for Erik—Captain Tsereteli now, that is. I know how dearly he’s longed to captain a starship, not only because he’s told me as much before, but also because I can sense that dream and desire in him. Captain Rentok (NPC) was a fine CO, and I will miss him, but there is no question that Erik has what it takes to command the Sentinel. We’ll be in good hands with him.

One question that I do have is whom will Starfleet assign to take Erik’s place as the XO. I understand that it will be a new transfer, part of the whole rotation scheme that we’re currently experiencing. Whoever it is, I hope they’ll be a good fit here. The community aboard the Sentinel is a tight knit one, but the way we live in such relatively close quarters isn’t for everyone. It can bring out the worst in people even at the best of times, so I hope this XO is calm and cool-headed to begin with.

This personal log has turned out to be a little longer than I anticipated. I suppose I’ve had a lot on my mind lately. Oh, and I’ve lost track of the time. I’m supposed to be on DS3 in ten minutes to meet some friends. Must run.

Personal Log OFF

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 pm