View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Armstrong, Peter 
Post Armstrong, Peter
[[Armstrong's Quarters, USS Sentinel, Shoreleave 1 Day 27, 1058 Hours]]

BEGIN LOG:

I never could have believed things moved so quickly when it comes to personnel transfers. One really can't expect Starfleet Command to honor ever transfer request they receive due to the simple fact they might end up with an even bigger staffing headache than they already have. Stories of requests being lost or denied certainly aren't that uncommon and I certainly expected to receive nothing less when petitioning for my own field assignment. Whether by some admiral's ulterior motivation or sheer dumb luck, however, someone somewhere decided to put my request on the fast-track.

A part of me feels as if I might have left Captain Lange in the lurch when I accepted the transfer here from Starbase 386. This man has certainly seen his fair share of excitement these last few years. Then again, we all have, really. Skirmishes during the Elyshan Cold War and relief efforts to the Romulan Empire have kept us all busy in one way or another. It's certainly been more than what I would have expected when Rear Admiral Locke first asked me to serve as his Executive Officer. Still, I know there are other men and women who are fully capable of keeping things in order for Captain Lange.

Requesting a transfer to field duty aboard a starship was something I needed to do. I've spent the last four years gathering information on Starfleet operations throughout this region in order to better provide my superiors with an accurate picture of what is going on around us. Starfleet certainly seems to think I have a pretty good working familiarity with our current situation, but there have been many days when I've felt quite detached from what was going on in the field. There is only so much one can take away from reading reports. I wanted to find a way where I could actually get out and serve alongside those officers who dealt with these operations directly.

So now here I am, bags already unpacked, ready to take on my responsibilities as Chief Strategic Operations Officer aboard the USS Sentinel. I suppose just because I've started settling into my quarters doesn't mean any of it is official yet. Perhaps there is still time to catch Commander Tsereteli before he finishes his first shift of the day...

END LOG

Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:08 pm